Summer is coming to an end and while the fall contains the promise of countless delicious autumn recipes there is still time left to enjoy the fresh tastes of summertime. Mixed fruit plates have always offered a light and refreshing addition to summer meals. The cool, chilled fruit offers a welcome contrast to the sweltering heat at an outdoor picnic or patio. This easy recipe offers a burst of sweet and minty flavors while keeping the meal healthy and simple. Children and adults alike will welcome this mouthwatering side at any meal.
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 2 cups cubed canteloupe
- 2 cups cubed pineapple
- 1 cup green seedless grapes
- (Use any fruit you like in a fruit salad
- 1 tablespoon Orange Blossom Honey
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Combine all the fruit in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the honey, mint, and lemon juice and whisk together. Drizzle over fruit and toss thoroughly.
- Chill in refrigerator for one hour before serving.