Nothing tastes like the holidays like a warm ham in the middle of your family table. Add a new, sweet twist to your holiday meal planning with a Honey Smoked Ham. With our Orange Blossom Honey forming the base of a delicious glaze, the crust of this ham is as sweet as candy which makes for a delightful contrast of the rich smoky flavor permeating the meat. This recipe will be your new go-to for welcoming friends and family into your home.
- 1 ready to eat, spiral sliced ham
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/c cup Orange Blossom Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Set your smoker to 225 to 245 degrees using apple wood chips.
- Mix together 1/2 cup brown sugar, sugar, ground ginger, paprika, and nutmeg and set aside. This is your rub.
- In a saucepan, mix together the remaining brown sugar, apple juice, pineapple juice, orange juice, and Orange Blossom Honey, heat on low while mixing all the while until it begins to simmer, then remove from heat and let cool. This is your glaze
- In a pan or baking dish, place the ham, flat side down and cover generously with approximately 1/3 of your glaze. Make sure to get it in between the splices and in any other nooks or crannies.
- Cover the ham with a generous portion of your rub, making sure to work it in between the slices.
- Remove the ham from the pan and place directly in the smoker. Smoke for 2.5-3 hours. (The ham is already cooked, the smoking simply adds flavor. As long as you get the temperature to at least 140, smoke it for as long as you'd like to achieve the flavor you'd like).
- Every hour, reapply your glaze and rub.