I'm going to be honest with you. I generally don't like cooked carrots. I didn't like them when my mom made me eat them as a kid and I don't like them now that my wife makes me eat them. Except for these carrots. These Honey Roasted Carrots taste more like sweet potatoes and I can't get enough of them. I'm kind of mad these aren't the way I've eaten them my whole life. Orange Blossom Honey is my favorite honey for roasting and grilling. The subtle citrus flavors embedded in the thick honey add a richness to cooked dishes that is unparalleled. The combination of the honey in this side dish with the salt and pepper makes for a perfect blend of sweet and savory that perfectly accents any meal.
- 5-7 carrots peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Orange Blossom Honey
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Slice the carrots in half lengthwise
- Mix olive oil and honey together in a small bowl.
- Coat carrots thoroughly with the honey and oil mixture (I like to put it all in a large sealable plastic back and shake it)
- Place carrots on a cooking sheet, flat side down and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven until just tender, anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour.