While good all year round and perfectly acceptable at any time, a warm slice of banana bread is the perfect way to welcome the fall season. Banana bread is perfect for those times when you realize that the bananas you bought earlier are just on the verge of being too ripe. Instead of letting them go to waste use them to create a delicious dessert that everyone will love. The sweetness of the bananas and honey and the crunch of pecans invite you in and make you feel like you are home.
- 1/3 Cup liquified coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup Classic City Select Honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 Cups flour
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a mixing bowl whisk the coconut oil and honey together. Add the eggs and beat well, Whisk in the bananas and milk.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon and whisk together. Finally, mix in the flour and gently fold in the pecans to the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool for 20 minutes before serving.