Of all the meats to throw on the grill, shrimp lends itself particularly well to grilling with honey. This incredibly simple recipe enhances the natural sweet flavor of raw honey with a distinguishing spice and a subtle blend of asian flavors. Simple to prepare and quick to grill, these kebabs make for a perfect addition to a backyard cookout on a hot summer night. Made to be adjusted to conform with your preferences regarding the spiciness of the dish, this meal can be made to appeal to the palate of any guest or family member.
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup Orange Blossom Honey
- 2 tbs sweet asian chili sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (more or less according to spice preferences)
- Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes to an hour.
- Thread the shrimp onto the skewer, season both sides with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine honey, sweet asian chili sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Place shrimp kebabs on a hot grill, cover and cook for one minute. Flip and brush with the honey mixture. Cook for one minutes, then flip and brush again with the mixture. Cook for one more minute, then flip and brush with the remainder of the mixture. Cook for one more minute. Serve hot.