Here in the Peach State there are peaches everywhere you turn at this time of year. This salad dressing recipe provides a new way of using our favorite fruit. This is the time of year we are all trying to eat light. As fall, and the holidays quickly approach there are only a limited amount of days to take advantage of the peak season for fruits and vegetables. This vinaigrette gives a sweet fruity burst of flavor to any summer salad. This recipe can be made without grilling the peaches if you prefer. However, we find that the grilling process brings out a deeper flavor of the peaches and introduces subtle smoky flavors which blend well with the sweetness of the honey and peaches.
- 4 fresh peaches
- 1 tbs fresh, minced garlic
- 6 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup Southern Wildflower Honey
- Cut peaches in half, grill flat side down for five minutes until it has developed dark grill marks. Flip over and grill until some of the peach skin in blackened. Allow to cool.
- Place peaches, ginger, garlic and lime juice into a blender and blend well.
- Add honey, white sugar, vinegar, and olive oil. Blend well.
- Let shill in the refrigerator for at least an house before serving.