Around here we like easy and delicious. And this recipe for baked sweet potatoes with a cinnamon honey butter spread is both. This healthy side can bring a meal together or be a meal in and of itself. The natural sweetness of the raw honey and the sweet potatoes complement savory steak, chicken, fish, or vegetarian options. In our opinion, this delicious side is best when the air is crisp with the changing fall season but in reality it can be a perfect compliment to any meal at any time of year.
- Two large sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Orange Blossom Honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap each potato in aluminum foil and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-70 minutes, or until softened.
- In a bowl, combined softened butter, honey, and cinnamon. Using a whisk, whip until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Remove baked sweet potatoes from aluminum foil and slice lengthwise, but not all the way through.
- Top sweet potatoes with a spoonful of cinnamon honey butter and sprinkle with pecans. Serve immediately.