This is by no means an original recipe. In fact it's a rather common remedy for multiple ailments which has been in use by many for decades. It can be used to battle coughs, sore throats, viruses and more. When the air starts getting cooler and the days start getting shorter it not only signals that fall is back, but so is cold season. The combination of pure, raw honey with the vitamin C in fresh lemons and the medicinal qualities of apple cider vinegar make for a powerful team to fend of the nastiest of household sicknesses. The quantities listed below are not concrete. In fact, it is only important that the ratios remain the same. Equal parts honey, lemon juice, and Bragg's apple cider vinegar is the magic formula. Combine that with whatever amount of hot water you need to enjoy the elixir and you are good to go.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Southern Wildflower Honey
- Heat water to a warm temperature you are comfortable drinking and pour into a mug or insulated tumbler.
- Mix the remaining ingredients with the water and drink warm.