Bacon makes everything in life better and rights every wrong. Venison is a lean and naturally healthy meat that benefit from proper flavor enhancers. Bacon, brine, smoke and honey combine perfectly to both add to and draw out the natural flavors of the venison. The perfect blend of sweet, salty and smoky make this memorable entree pop in any setting where it's served.
- 2 lbs. venison tenderloin medallions
- 1 lb. thick bacon
- 1 cup Southern Wildflower Honey
- 1 gallon water
- 3/4 cup salt
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- Mix water, salt, soy sauce, Worchestershire Sauce, and 1/2 cup honey in a large container. Place venison tenderloin medallions in the mixture, cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours and no more than 24.
- Remove tenderloin medallions and wrap in bacon. Cover with remaining honey and place in the smoker.
- Smoke at 220 degrees F over cherry or apple chips until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees (2-5 hours).