There is nothing like a beautiful Thanksgiving turkey to make you feel like you're home. Our Southern Wildflower Honey pairs perfectly with turkey or other poultry and when combined with the strong flavor of rosemary it creates a perfect blend of sweet and savory for your holiday meal. Every year our family gathers around the table to remember all that we are grateful for and we hope you join us with this family recipe from our house to yours.
- 18 pound whole turkey
- Stuffing according to your favorite recipe
- 8 Sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Southern Wildflower Honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove leaves from four of the rosemary sprigs and finely chop the leaves.
- Mix butter, honey and chopped rosemary leaves in a saucepan over low heat until well blended and warm. Use a turkey injector to inject the honey-butter mixture into the meat and under the skin all over the turkey, focusing heavily on the breasts.
- Tuck remaining rosemary sprigs under the wings and legs of the turkey. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place turkey in a large oven bag in a roasting pan. Seal bag and poke several holes in it with a fork.
- Bake 3 to 4 hours or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F.