There's something about an ice cold glass of lemonade which just screams summertime. This refreshing take on an old classic mixes the natural flavor pairings of honey, basil and lemon into a perfect glass of relaxation. This naturally flavored drink blends each ingredient perfectly into an irresistible concoction which cools down the most sweltering of summer days.
- 3 2/3 Cups cold water
- 1 1/4 Cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 2/3 Cups freshly picked basil sprigs
- 4 one inch by four inch strips of lemon zest
- 1 Cup Southern Wildflower Honey
- Mix basil, lemon zest, honey and 1 1/3 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil while stirring. Cool in the fridge until cold. Strain out and discard basil and lemon zest.
- Mix with lemon juice and remaining water in a pitcher. Serve cold over ice.